The flavour of Kolkata

The flavour of Kolkata
The city is known for its old alleys. One such is shot by Atanu Pal.

Sunday, January 26, 2014

The lunch at Mezban

Revisited a long lost joy on working days: A lunch outing with colleagues. The initiative was from A of my team. The venue was Mezban (on my wishlist for long for its biriyani). For the uninitiated, it is located next to the small triangular park on Rafi Ahmed Kidwai Rd (near Elliot Rd Bata). We were seated in Dustarkhwan, next to Mezban (basically its AC section). We ordered mutton biriyani (Rs 130) for each of four of us (A, P, K and me) and shared a mutton pasinda and salad. P was hungry, so was A. So these guys ordred a naan and a lachchha paratha. Contrary to feedback, I found the rice and potato (an important indicator of quality of Kolkata biriyani) average. The piece of mutton was succulent though. The biriyani wasn't rich as I had heard, rather light, like Shiraz (not my type). My favourite Aliah beats it any day. The pasinda was rich, heavily spicy and tasty, as expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post any abusive comments here. All comments will be moderated before publishing.